About Me

My photo
Like any of 18-year-old girl, I'm a fan of a lot of things. Football and k-pop are the most severe. But above all, there's nothing I cherish more than my life, my family and my friends :)

Friday, August 9, 2013

My Conflicted Feeling for DreamWorks' Jack & Hiccup

This is a pure confession. If you are looking for a new information about DreamWorks, well.. I'm sorry to let you down. I'm not the expert.

If there's anyone who is still reading this, please, bear with my immature thought (>_<)

Everyone knows I'm a slave to The Big Four fandom, a group of cross-over characters consists of Hiccup, Jack Frost (both produced by DreamWorks), Rapunzel and Merida (both produced by Walt Disney). We got two guys and two princesses.

Just a few minutes ago, I heard that How to Train Your Dragon 2 trailer has been released this July and will be back in 2014. I'm supposed to be thrilled, right? RIGHT? Of course I am glad to know that DreamWorks spent 3 years, since How to Train Dragon (HtTYD) aired in 2010, working on to give fans the continuation of Hiccup's adventure.

I'm really, really excited to see Hiccup, Toothless and Astrid again.

And I'm so surprised that Hiccup CHANGES! He grows up, becoms more manly, more like viking *heart beats faster* \(///Σ///)/

But.. Arrrggggh..!!! Someone with humorous nature in facebook said that Jack might lose half of his fangirls. His fangirls will turn around from him and move on to Hiccup.
....
What did he say?!! (° ロ°;)

It's just a joke. But, why do I feel so bothered with that? What if it actually happens? Fan growth is rapidly changing. Some fangirls aren't as engaged as me, moreover with 5-years-older-and-hotter Hiccup sneaking in behind Jack's fandom (-’๏_๏’-)

Please no eye rolls, I have been telling myself, "They're just some characters in kids movie, for crying out loud!" (>д<)

I knew Rise of the Guardians (RotG) didn't make money as much as HtTYD did *stab*. I also knew that my family weren't amazed as much as I was after we watched RotG together in the living room *stab stab*. Ugh. I hate myself for stating that (* ̄m ̄)

But I fell in love with the sarcastic, adventurous, strongly independent, fearless, intelligent, persistent, charismatic, somewhat charming, humorous and chaotic guy in said movie. I fell in love with Jack and nothing or no one can change that (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)


I'm a child, right? I get up and down pretty fast. One gif picture of Jack Frost can send me to the moon (´ ▽`)=3 *sigh*
On the other hand, one unanticipated thought can agonize my inner fangirl feeling, like thinking that Hiccup will dominate Jack. I am the big four fans, but I'm truly a Jack girl. So tell me, is it weird that I just can't celebrate the coming HtTYD 2 because of my unimportant little fear? I mean, I stop being so excited after I realized Hiccup might steal the spotlight causing Jack to lose his fangirls p(´⌒`。q)
Hey.. I'm still here for JACK!!! (>д<)

It's not the characters' fault. It's just me taking this too serious. I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed of this over-reactive behavior (//・_・//)v

Fuuuuh.. *take a deep breath*

All this time I overthink it. It goes from the statement in facebook to my overprotective character (>_<)

After a little time to reflect, I get a new fresh point of view (^v^)
HOW TO BE A STEADY FANGIRL:
  • Do not lessen your dreams because of your fear. 
  • Do not watch the movie while you are worried about what others will think.
  • Always believe in yourself and decide whether the movie is good based on that.
  • Do not listen to what everyone else says.
  • Do not let each little comment shake your conviction.
  • Do not head toward the light because you fear isolation.
  • Do not remeasure your own size with another's ruler.
  • Do not have to worry if you have no allies.
  • If the chattering voices grow too loud, silence them with an even louder voice.
  • Teach them that you stand at the center of the world.
  • Push everything else down below you.

Yep.. that's it. By pouring my conflicted feeling into this blog, my burden has been reduced a lot. It's been a while since I wrote such a deep writing like this one. Now I can face whatever standing in my way of admiring Jack Frost. His name has been carved to my heart after all (^ω^*)
But I think I will go crazy for him in any minute like this!
(ノ>▽<。)ノ
Thanks, blog! I'm really thankful for you. Because of you I can let go my stupid fear and move on (◡‿◡)
Thanks for you too, readers. I hope there's no misunderstanding between us. See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment