About Me

My photo
Like any of 18-year-old girl, I'm a fan of a lot of things. Football and k-pop are the most severe. But above all, there's nothing I cherish more than my life, my family and my friends :)

Saturday, June 14, 2014

My Favorite Smallville's Chlollie Moments (Part 5)

The scenes I'm going to share are more like the tear-jerking moments from Chlollie. Brace yourself, the feels are coming.

10x1 Lazarus
Season 10 picked up right where we left off with Oliver being ambushed by Rick Flag and the other Suicide Squad members in the air duct and Chloe screaming out his name over the distorted walkie-talkie. It didn't take a genius to figure out what Chloe's next step. She quickly inspected the footage of the attack, searching for any leads on Oliver's whereabout. For me, the only good thing in that video was Oliver's desperate love confession for Chloe. As sweet as it was to have Chloe finally said her "I love you" out loud to Oliver, still, it sucked that it took Suicide Squad's interference to make them speak what they had always felt…(•︵•)
"Chloe...They're not Kandorians. I love you!"
Chloe was trying to keep her emotion at bay
What I like from Chloe is that she doesn't break easily under tension. She's not the type who weeps uncontrollably on the floor or retreated into catatonic state after her loved ones was taken away. Instead, she coolly formed a plan like she always did. And she's wiser enough not to throw her problems at Clark. When Clark gave her a visit (of course to ask some information about Lex's abandoned projects), not a single time did she mention Oliver's status. Not because she didn't trust Clark, but because she knew he had gotten his hands full with his ultimate opponent coming back to life. 

With quick thinking, Chloe took the Helmet of Nabu at JLA headquarters. She knew damn well that the very same helmet drove Icicle nuts. Yet, she willingly risked her sanity to get closer to Oliver (′︿‵。)
"Show me where Oliver is."
I believe by putting the helmet, Chloe got a glimpse of Oliver being gagged and bound, covered by his own sweat and blood in a dark and cold dungeon.
Chloe looked more frantic than ever when she told Clark about what had happened. She was so wrecked at this point. She couldn't hide the fear of losing the man who's willing to freed her from her iron tower, literally, and helped her back to humanity.
"Oliver. Someone took him when you were fighting Zod. They threatened to take all of us. So I put on Fate's helmet. I couldn't lose him."
I noticed Chloe said "I couldn't lose him," which to me expressed how much she valued Oliver. There's so much urgency in her voice. It sounded like she'd die if she couldn't find him soon enough.
"Goodbye, Clark."
The moment I saw her sad knowing look, I knew Chloe had made up her decision. The decision was to take Oliver's place in EVERY WAY (ŏ̥̥̥̥﹏ŏ̥̥̥̥)
In the end, we saw Rick Flag telling Oliver (who was still blindfolded and tied up to a chair) that they would let him go. Then there's the iconic trade. There's too much emotion to handle for a scene which only lasted for 40 secs. It's heartrendingly beautiful.
Just the shoulder bump in that scene broke my heart because Oliver didn't realize what had happened.
Oliver could tell something was just not right when his mask came off and the car was driving away. I think he had some sense that they got someone else as a substitution for him, but he didn't know that it was Chloe who asked for a trade.
On the other hand, Chloe knew the whole time the person she bumped into was Oliver. When her mask came off we could see the emptiness in her eyes. Then, when she looked straight ahead she gave us a sense of the hell that she was going to have to go through before everything would get better.
I can't. I simply can't...
She loved him! Dammit, SHE REALLY LOVED HIM BUT SHE DIDN'T EVEN GET A CHANCE TO TELL HIM IN PERSON!!!! She exchanged herself for Oliver. Her life for his safety. Ugh, how can this be so tragic?!?!

*Sob.. sob..* Someone hold me.
 
I don't think I've ever loved Chloe more than how she put the lives of others before her own. I truly believe the reason behind her sacrifice was more than her love for Oliver. It was her belief in her hero and the role her hero played in the world. She understood that Oliver's presence in Justice League kept the team going.

Now let me tell you how painfully brave Chloe's action was. Yes, she had seen the future by putting up the fate helmet, but it's not like she knew everything. She had plan in mind, but there was no way she knew it would definitely work. There had to have been some doubt that she may just not come out alive. There were so many things that could have gone wrong. She was in it alone. Now that the Suicide Squad had gotten her, they could torture her all they wanted to get the information they needed. She knew that the group she surrendered to was capable of killing.

This might be overlooked, but try to think how Oliver would feel about this. He would be heartbroken that she left because of him. I think in a way Chloe knew there was the possibility Oliver might never forgive her, but she accepted that. Because she loved him more than that. She loved him more than she needed him to love her.

Even Clark has admitted this trait in Chloe a long time ago. He has said it twice. Back in season 9 episode 16, Escape, Clark warned Oliver about Chloe's unhealthy habit of underestimating her own worth when they're talking in McDougal Inn.
"One of her strengths is giving people what they need and sacrificing what she wants."
And earlier in this episode, Clark uttered his feeling for Chloe when he's waiting for her to wake up from her unconsciousness after putting the fate helmet.

"Chloe, I know you can hear me. You're the strongest person I know, and you're fighting for the rest of us. Don't lose that now when you need it the most. Don't give up."
I admit I was tearing up. If there was any doubt at all that Chloe and Oliver was into some kind of friends with benefits type relationship, this moment cleared it up. This showed that Chloe was in love and cared deeply for Oliver.

The one thing I learned from this is how sacrificial love can be :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment